On August 17, FC Dynamo Kyiv lost against SL Benfica in the Champions League qualification play-off round first leg (0:2). Check out some interesting statistics.
- Dynamo interrupted their Champions League winning streak that lasted 3 games, goal difference – 5:2.
- Dynamo played their 405th euro cups match which is a record for Ukrainian clubs: +173=101-131, goal difference – 590:470.
- Dynamo 25th euro cups match against a Portuguese club: +7=6-12, goal difference – 23:33, and the 7th against Benfica: +1=1-5, goal difference – 1:12.
- Dynamo goalless streak against Benfica is on since November 27 1991 (!). It lasts 599 minutes already.
- 60th home defeat in the Champions League/Cup for a Ukrainian club and the 37th for Dynamo.
- Viktor Tsyhankov made his 53rd appearance as Dynamo captain with 8 of those in euro cups. Thus he’s made it into the top 10 of Dynamo skippers in international competitions (since Ukraine became independent).
- Tomasz Kedziora made his 185th appearance for Dynamo: 55 – euro cups, 116 – UPL, 10 – Ukrainian Cup, 4 – Ukrainian Super Cup.
- Olexandr Karavayev made his 105th appearance for Dynamo: 26 – euro cups, 69 – UPL, 7 – Ukrainian Cup, 3 – Ukrainian Super Cup.
- Volodymyr Shepelev made his 45th euro cups appearance for Dynamo, Heorhiy Bushchan – 30th, Denys Popov – 15th.