FC Dynamo Kyiv halfback Mykola Shaparenko has commented upon the Champions League group stage home game against SL Benfica (0:0).
- That’s what football exists for – to make us experience such emotions. Fortune didn’t smile to us late in the game. Maybe we didn’t deserve it. It’s bitter. I feel devastated…
- Did Mister tell the team this was the game you had to win?
- Sure, he sets us for win in every game. We realized we could cope with this team. I believed in teammates, coaches, supporters. We’ve demonstrated decent football.
- Did you discuss the upcoming match with Roman Yaremchuk at the national team camp?
- Yes, after the friendly against Czech Republic. I said: “See you in two days, bro” (laughing). Yaremchuk talked about Dynamo with respect, just like we about his team.
His task in Benfica is to score, but Boiko didn’t let him do it today. Our keeper did a good job.
- What do you think of fans’ support?
- They were incredible. We heard them every minute. I want to see so many supporters as often as possible.