FC Dynamo Kyiv head coach Mircea Lucescu has commented upon the final game of the year 2021 – against FC Zoria Luhansk (1:1).
- Dynamo unleashed 27 shots with 12 of them on goal. What did you lack to grab the winner?
- It’s all about the fuss. As for the conceded goal, it all started with Tymchyk, who didn’t face his opponent, then there was a counterattack which finished with goal. We defended inattentively, but mostly dominated and attacked. As for me, there was supposed to be a penalty for the foul against Sydorchuk. Luck wasn’t by our side. Players were in a hurry, so they were making wrong decisions. Still I don’t have any claims to them in terms of will to win.
- How do you estimate the year 2021?
- Guys are making headway, we have a lot of youngsters, especially in defensive line. That’s what mistakes are bout. We’re looking forward to the return of Popov. Besides, it’s not easy to attack without Besedin. I hope they’ll start the second part of the season with us.
- When will players get back from vacation?
- We gather on January 13 while on January 17 we leave for Spain. Besides, we’ll have two training camps in Turkey.