FC Dynamo Kyiv skipper Serhiy Sydorchuk answered journalists’ questions the day before the Champions League group stage matchday 1 game against SL Benfica:
- You played against Benfica in 2016. What do you remember about those games?
- Frankly speaking, I don’t remember that well. I guess Pizzi, who’s still on the team, featured for Benfica back then. I also remember we scored a penalty away. Anyway, I guess the team has changed.
- Don’t Dynamo recent results make players feel too calm?
- No, Mircea Lucescu doesn’t let us relax. He always says that victory is good only if it’s followed by further victories. You know what kind of group we’ve got, so we must gain points in the upcoming match.
- Who are Benfica most dangerous players you need to focus on?
- We’ve been analyzing Benfica for two days already, so we know their strengths and weaknesses. They have really good players in every line. In defense – Otamendi, in the midfield – Joao Mario, in the attacking line – Pizzi and Rafa Silva. Anyway, we’ll try to use their flaws.
- Have you discussed the forthcoming match with Roman Yaremchuk?
- We talked jokingly at the national team camp. I guess it will be tough for him as he returns home, so he’ll be under pressure.