FC Dynamo Kyiv head coach Mircea Lucescu answered journalists’ questions after away win against FC Rukh Lviv (2:0).
- I’m very satisfied with the team and players’ reaction to defeat in the previous game. We dominated throughout the match, knew opponents’ strengths and didn’t let them use those.
- What do you think of Supriaha’s performance? Will he get a chance in the Champions league?
- We have three more days. He did his job today. First of all I see his progress and willingness to play.
- What are your impressions of Vitinho’s play?
- He needs time. He used to play in Brazil with his compatriots. It’s tough for him to get accustomed to Ukrainian league, where he doesn’t have six-seven Brazilians next to him. He needs to find mutual understanding with teammates and understand football we play.
I have experience and patience in this regard as we had same issues with Brazilians, who played for Shakhtar.
Vitinho needs to make headway through training process and matches next to Ukrainian teammates. I’m satisfied with his play. He has qualities that will let him do even better. So far emotions distract him and he needs time to get more confident. I’ll wait until he’s ready.
- Was lineup rotation outcome of defeat in Ukrainian Super Cup or maybe you let first team regulars have rest before the game against Bayern?
- First of all I applied rotation as we had players, who were at suspension risk. By the way, these are attacking players. I don’t understand why referees book our players so easily. This situation made me change the lineup so that we could play the next match with our best lineup. Besides, all our performers do a good job and deserve to play.
It’s also strange to hear some people saying we put pressure on referees. Do they want to unbalance me this way? I think I deserve different attitude, considering my age, experience and everything I’ve done for Ukrainian football. People should think twice before saying that kind of stuff.