Press conference of FC Dynamo Kyiv head coach Mircea Lucescu after the game against FC Metalist Kharkiv (3:0).
- Two games ago we discussed Dynamo issues concerning set pieces while today the team used two. Have you conducted certain work?
- First of all such situations are about individual skills. Player, who takes a set piece, needs to send the ball along certain trajectory, put it into the penalty area. Those, who play inside the box, must be aggressive and confident. We discuss that before every game.
I’m bothered by our attacks. We take the ball to the penalty area, but the final pass, final shot, final decision is mostly wrong. Today things were better as we scored three, but it worries me that we don’t use our opportunities.
- Ognjen Vukojevic hasn’t been seen at the bench for a while. Has he left the club?
- I guess things will get clear in winter. Ognjen should discuss that with the club. He had some family issues and was busy with the national team, so he was absent.
- After the previous game you mentioned Dynamo lack a strong forward. Will you be looking for an option in winter?
- We need to analyze everything we’ve already done and everything we need to do in future. During this long break we should discuss all issues related to different positions.
I hope Mykola Shaparenko will recover from serious injury as soon as possible. The team needs him. Of course we follow our loanees to get them back when necessary. It’s a good experience for youngsters.
Finally, I wish everyone peace and good. I hope this war will finish soon.