FC Dynamo Kyiv player Olexandr Karavayev has shared his impressions of the match against Borussia Dortmund and told Football Hub about his family in occupied Kherson.
- Kherson region is having tough times. How’s your family?
- I was born in Kherson. My parents live there. So far they’re fine, but we’re all waiting for Ukrainian soldiers to come there and liberate the city. I’m very worried about them and call them every day. Hope peace will come soon.
- Speaking about the match, it seemed you won quite easily.
- Borussia played themselves and let us play too. We really wanted to win and demonstrate spectacular football. I guess home side didn’t do the best they can as they knew it was a charity match, but still Borussia have top level players, so it’s difficult to oppose them.
- This was your fourth charity match. Do you feel you really help Ukraine?
- I do as I see how many people come to these matches, especially our compatriots. Today I saw how much money we raised, which was a great surprise. We’re glad we can help our country in such a way.