FC Dynamo Kyiv skipper has shared his impressions of the game against FC Barcelona at the Camp Nou.
- Our task was not to concede the early opener. Barcelona had 0 points after two matchdays, so of course they were very serious about two games against us. We tried to decrease the match tempo a bit, but didn’t do everything we planned in the first half.
- Did Mircea Lucescu ask you to involve the goalkeeper?
- He did. Basically we always try to do that. When Barcelona reorganized in the second half, it was easier for us to maintain possession. The second half was a bit better.
- Pique scored against Dynamo last season too. How come you can’t cope with him?
- I don’t know, we analyzed all players. Last year he also scored after cross from the wing.
- Dynamo didn’t unleash a single shot on goal today…
- We really lack something in terms of attacking efforts. Maybe the absence of Artem Besedin is the problem. Besides we oppose top level teams in the Champions League.
- Is it possible to cope with such Barcelona?
- It is, but that’s really difficult. I guess things will be easier in home game.