After the game against FC Metalist Kharkiv, FC Dynamo Kyiv players’ vacation started. We’ve summarized the first part of the season together with our forward Vladyslav Vanat:
- This is the first time all teams of our country played during the war. Did you feel the mental pressure?
- Sure. We tried to avoid thinking of what might happen, but of course we always remember the war is on in our country. Fortunately, we faced only one air raid – as we played against Rukh.
We had to move a lot which influenced us, but we had to deal with that. Our coach mentioned that often and I agree with him.
- Dynamo are third in the league table after the first round. What do you think of that?
- We started the season very poorly and did better only after return to Ukraine. I don’t know what this is about. Maybe, about psychological issues. Anyway, we didn’t play our football.
- Did you expect Dnipro-1 to be the leaders?
- Even before the season started I thought they would be at list among top three as they have really good team. So, it’s not a surprise.
- This season you are the first team regular with 13 appearances out of 15. Do you feel additional pressure?
- There’s always pressure in football, but I’m positive about that. I want to take the field, score and benefit the team. Sometimes it’s hard to make substitute appearances, but I’m getting used to it. Experienced teammates help me.
- Do you often talk to the head coach?
- I do. Lucescu often tells me what I can improve. That helps me a lot. I try to do everything he tells me to.
- Dynamo scored 24 goals in 15 matches which isn’t the best possible result.
- That’s true, we don’t score a lot this season. I guess many teams already know how to oppose us, so we need to invent something new.
- You’ve scored 5 goals in the UPL. Which one is the most memorable?
- I guess the goal against Kryvbas. Sydorchuk passed to me, I eluded the defender and hit the upper V with my right.