FC Dynamo Kyiv head coach Mircea Lucescu has commented upon the away UPL win against FC Mariupol (3:2) for Football TV channel.
- I’m really mad at players. Today, just like in the Cup match, they acted like amateurs, not like professionals. Instead of scoring and maintaining control, they were doing what they wanted. Each wanted to hit the target. We could win 5:1 or 6:1, but everyone treated scoring chances in a wrong way. There was too much selfishness. We’ll discuss that.
I’m also unsatisfied with substitutes. They didn’t manage to enforce the team.
- Verbic played as forward today. Aren’t actual forwards ready to take the field?
- I use players, who help us win. Verbic did well in the Cup tie, so I let him play today. Players, who take the field, must prove they can score. I’m talking about forwards. It doesn’t matter how much time you get – 30, 15 or 45 minutes. Harmash created three scoring chances, for example, although he’s not an actual striker.
- Weren’t your players focused on the game against Barcelona today?
- I don’t think they were. Every game is important in its own way. I’d like to compliment Mariupol players. They’re skillful, fast and have good future. Besides, they have a really good coach. What they lack is experience.