FC Dynamo Kyiv head coach Mircea Lucescu answered journalists’ questions after away UPL game against FC Mariupol.
- We complicated the game for ourselves as we calmed down and let home side play their football late in the match. We dominated, but I’d like to compliment Mariupol coach and the team. Of course the level of our teams is incomparable. We’re more experienced. Still they have skillful youngsters. Anyway, we could win 5:1 or 6:1, but after Tymchyk’s mistake Mariupol made it 2:3 after which anything could happen.
- It was probably the best match of the season for Serhiy Sydorchuk? What did you tell the player when substituting him?
- Serhiy did a good job. He’s a professional and knows why I substituted him. I couldn’t risk as he’s under suspension threat.
I don’t substitute players for no reason. It’s always a part of the plan. Besides, we are to play the next game in two days.
- You use different players in the position of left lateral, including Artem Shabanov.
- Unfortunately Mykolenko will be absent for at least two weeks due to injury. Thus I wanted to see who else can play in this position if Karavayev gets tired.